I Am A Promise!

This song was used as part of a Children's Story Time at church, and also was included in a FVT program entitled "Let's Be Friends." My green boy Buddy and I sang this song together.

--------------------------------


----------------------------------
I Am A Promise
[children’s sermon]

Good morning. Time to meet a green boy. Come on up children and sit with me by the rocker. Look who I have… a brand new member of my family. And he’s green. Anybody here green? No, I think you are the only one, Buddy.

That’s his name…. Buddy. And Buddy and I have exciting news to tell you. We have a job! That’s right. Most people think I’m one of the retired Grandma-type people around here, but nope! Buddy and I have a job…. and it makes us so happy.

Because we get to go and cheer up sick kids at the new children’s hospital. That’s right… we are hospital volunteers. What a great job, cheering up kids and helping them feel better. Keeping them company so they don’t feel lonesome. It’s not a job for money. Volunteer means…. well what do you think volunteer means? Yeah, it means you want to help and you do it without getting paid. You do it because you want to, and you like to, and sometimes you do it because you believe it’s what God wants you to do.

It’s a very special job… and there’s lots of special jobs out there. Did you know that? God’s got a whole bunch of special jobs just waiting for the right people to do them. There’s even a special job for you, and you, and you.

We’ve just got to keep listening and watching and paying attention, and God will find a way to show us what he would like us to do. Each one of us is like a promise… a promise just waiting to happen.  

Are you ready to sing for the kids, Buddy.  Ok then….music please….








I am a promise
You are a possibility
I am a promise with a capital "P"
You are a great big bundle of potentiality
And I am learnin' to hear God's voice
And you are tryin' to make the right choice
You are a promise to be anything God wants me to be.

You can go anywhere that He wants you to go
I can be anything He wants me to be
You can climb the high mountains
I can cross the wide sea
You’re a great big promise… you see!

E-I am a promise
E-I am a possibility
F-I am a promise with a  Fsh-capital "P"
G-I am a great big bundle of potentiality
And I am learnin' to hear God's voice
And I am tryin' to make the right choice
I'm a promise to be anything God wants me to be
I am a promise to be anything God wants me to be!


Dear Lord, Thank you for the special jobs you give us to do. Help us always be ready, willing, and able to say ‘yes’ when that special job comes along. Amen

-----------------------------
Lead into song when program was given at FVT:


BUDDY
Buddy intro and talk leads to song – I Am A Promise

This is Buddy, a recent addition to my family. And he has a very special job. He and I have just finished going through an orientation and training to be hospital volunteers. We will be visiting and helping sick children at Cardon Children’s Medical Center. It’s going to be great.

I’ve introduced Buddy to the kids at church too, and we talked about the fact that God gives everybody special jobs to do, and we need to keep listening and watching for God’s guidance… we need to always be ready to say ‘yes’ when that special job comes along. Each of us can be just like a promise… a promise that’s waiting to happen.


------------------------------


I Am A Promise - full recording


I Am A Promise - accompaniment/puppet

----------------------------

No comments: